Thursday, October 17, 2013

Rebecca Sedwick, age 12 -- Bullied to Death


I read accounts of bad news all the time, but I can't seem to shake this one.  You'd think that in a planned world children would not be among the most vile, hurtful segment of the population.  Rebecca solved her predicament by jumping to her death.  The bullying continued posthumously -- one of the bullies wrote this on her Facebook page:   “yes I bullied Rebecca and she killed herself, but I don’t give a fuck.”  There's a little secret that enlightened first-grade teachers keep to themselves:  some children are just no damned good.  I argue that these little monsters are even worse than that.  Just ask Becky's family.  Existentialism has a pretty face.  She wears no makeup.  She's confused.  She's terrified.  All the Gods and Goddesses wouldn't, didn't, couldn't intervene in this, the latest of innumerable human horrors.  I think that if someone were to reason that this was "God's will,"  I'd lose all control.  Insanity reigns hallowed within the cells of human ignorance.