Saturday, February 27, 2021

Cheryl Posey Sommers (July 19,1961 - August 7, 2018)


 

Light-footed and happy, she was with me until we decided, perhaps inadvertently, that I was no good for her anymore.  She was better than me.  I trust that the years left her with an identical conclusion.  I wish I could have been a better man, but I was still an errant, foolish boy.  When I learned yesterday that she had died, I realized that I still have a love for her.  It's an old, burnished love.  I don't quite know what to do with it.

I remember that I picked her up once from her parents' home for a night out. Halfway to Brainerd Road she realized that she has shaved only one leg. We laughed it off and went on our way to the Yellow Deli, where she loved dine with my wild ass. This music-videi reminds me of Cheryl. <