Friday, August 28, 2026

Crystal Jones

It came out of nowhere and threw me violently within the walls of the little market spot on East Main. After she left, I was dizzy, confused, and emotionally energized like I've only been lucky enough to experience now three times in my life. Its power stripped layers off of me, instantaneously. And when she told me that this probably was not a very good idea, I respected that. I deleted you from everything, so so I thought. But, I stumbled across this image today on my text messages, quite by accident. It was strange because I was looking for something else altogether while visiting with a female inmate. When the image appeared I immediately and involuntarily said, "No!" So, regardless of the outcome, it feels honest, and warm to have her snug in my chest. Come what may, I'm so much better off for having spent that brief amount of time with her. But, I've crossed paths with Crystal several times in the past and remember that she always pressed pause on whatever I was doing at the time. So odd. I'm afraid of her, and I'm not afraid of much at all.