Friday, January 14, 2022

Feist - How Come You Never Go There ("My horse had worked the fields too long")

I went up to your window, lightly banging on the cymbals, A writ into the night, came storming to your house. My horse had worked the fields too long, My bear has lost its innate calm, It's true enough for not at peace, but peace is never where the sea is, Our love is not the light it was, WHen I walk inside the dark I'm calm, WHere we look for where we went, It's only echoed in the melody. We waste time on blame and weak revenge, waste energy and rejections, we're living proof we gotta let go, and stop looking through the halo. We carry on as if our time is through. You carry on as if I don't love you, and so we find the ways out, to cover hard, I have a doubt now, The room is full of eyes and empty, Like your letters never sent me, Words like a lasso, You're an instrumental tune.