Sunday, March 13, 2022

Molly and the Red Blotch of Light: "The banjo sounds good to me." Steely Dan, Aja

I named my German banjo after Molly Nilsson, even though she's Swedish, and, so far as I know, doesn't play the intstrument in any of her performances. However, she lives a in Berlin. She credits solitude as her greatest creative inspirational catalyst. So, she lives in Berlin, and my bano is a Framous, which is made in Germany. She and I both love being alone. That's more than enough to justify naming my instrument, "Molly." Now, I've got to practice another ten thousand hours.
Before I got Molly, I had no idea that there were stretch banjos. Look at the difference.
As regards the red blotch of light, res ipsa loquitur. I crawls across the door jamb every afternoon, weather permitting. Like clockwork, but even more precisely, because it is directed from the royal sun itself.